Welcome to the SouthWest District Website
Most recent update was: 03/02/2020
Southwest Coast District Shuffle Club
Bradenton Shuffle Clubhouse
Saturday, March 7, 2020- 1 pm
ROLL CALL for current BOD: Steve Slaughterbeck, President; Mike Collins, 1st VP; Brad Thomas, 2nd VP; Bob Comford, 3rd VP; Kay Lynn Duncan, Secretary; Margaret Hartzler, Treasurer; Nancy Scalfani, KOR; John Brown, State Delegate; Dolores Brown, Tournament Directors. Alternate State Delegate, Nancy Scalfani. Club Members Roll Call:
Secretary: Approve Minutes from Jan. 4, 2020 Meeting
Clarify “quorum” requirements for District Meetings. “A quorum for District Meetings is 25 percent of the voting membership.” From Glenn Monroe in State Bylaws Section 3, Item (N).
1st VP: Mike Collins
2nd VP: Brad Thomas
3rd VP. Bob Comford
KOR: Nancy Scalfani
State Delegate: John Brown
1. Report on Amateur Tournaments Pilot Test held on Jan. 23 and Feb. 6, 2020
2. Wrap-up report on FSA HOF held 1/13/2020
3. Follow-up: RE: did request to increase Font Size for SWCD Tournaments in PREVIEW get made? KLD
1. Vote to approve Rule Language for District HOF for Item 12 of SWCD Operating Rules
(Language Attached to Agenda)
2. District Masters Tournament - Mike Collins, Chair
Discussion of the selection of players for State Amateur district master's tournament.
Master Pins ordered and awarded to all divisions?
3. Proposal to increase SWCD tournament entry fee to $7.00 – Ron N.
4. 2020-21 FSA Schedule Change: Tournament at BSC on Dec. 21, is CHANGED to Dec. 14, 2020 (A-10 will now be A-09 at BSC with P-11A on same day, Dec. 14, 2020 – Ron N.
5. Clarification on Awarding masterpoints for men placing in a woman's tournament and vice versa. – Nancy
6. SWCD ANNUAL ELECTION OF OFFICERS FOR 2020-2021